Tuesday, August 26, 2008

So Many Gadgets, So Little Budget!

Now that I'm paying attention to all-things-bakery, I'm overwhelmed with the array of baking gadgets, pans, and books available. And I've discovered King Arthur Flour (www.KingArthurFlour.com), which is NOT going to be good for my pocketbook.

I've already decided I need parchment paper (said to be so much better in half sheets than in rolls), a swanky thermometer/timer, a large rectangular pizza baking stone (I WILL make delicious, crusty French bread, even if it kills me!), a Lame bread slashing tool (looks much tamer than it sounds!), a baker's couche (lidded pot that serves to bake up crusty bread), cookie scoops in both tablespoon and teaspoon sizes, a mat/pastry pin set because my current wooden rolling pin SUCKS!, barley mill syrup and SAF Red Instant yeast.

Oh, and I must, must, must have the little Aerolatte Frother so I can pretend I'm drinking a frothy decaf latte made by an expensive espresso machine.

I better start a Christmas/birthday/anniversary wish list!


No comments: