Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Embroidered Name on My Chef Coat Should Read "Klutz," not "Belle"!!!!



OY! After removing my rather lovely-looking quiche from the oven last night, I watched it slide across the cookie sheet, flip over the sheet's raised edge, and go "SPLAT!" on my kitchen floor. Yeah, I was in shock, but mostly because the glass pie plate didn't crack!

So what did I do? Cried, wailed, pouted -- then regained my senses and searched desperately for a flat tool in which to lift the cooked egg from the floor. I was stumped: I own no flat cookie sheets (yet!), and I couldn't find a flat piece of cardboard.

As usual, my hubby (my "knight in shining amour"), sailed through the front door and took charge. He simply separated a spring form pan from its base and used the metal bottom to flip the quiche back over.

Then we did what any home cook who'd put a lot of effort into a new dish did: WE ATE IT! (It's okay, we extended the "five second rule" that many parents and college students use.) HA! 

I wonder how many pie mishaps I'll face in pastry class?

No comments: