Friday, January 30, 2009

Cool Kid's Book About Bread

Just passing along another baking book I think is cool, this time for kids. It's called Loaves of Fun, by Elizabeth Harbison.



Loaves was first published back in the late 1990s. But don't let its "old" print date stop you from grabbing a copy for your home library. With its fun cover, interesting info, and kid-friendly recipes, the book still feels contemporary and fresh.

I highly recommend it for readers age six and up (yeah, even you adult bakers!). 

Not only will you learn some really cool historical info about bread (including how the sandwich got its name!), but you can be there when your kids whip up their very first batches of sourdough starter, Roman Bread Pudding, Amish Friendship Bread, and Colonial Third Bread!

SO ORDER A COPY AND LET THE BAKE OFF BEGIN! 

(And send me samples! HA!)


Loaves of Fun
ISBN: 978-1556523113
Chicago Review Press

5 comments:

Joie de vivre said...

Good review. I've made three yeast breads in the past two weeks and my kids LOVE to watch and help. I'll have to check this out. Thanks for your friend request on Foodbuzz. I'll follow you on Twitter too!

Sheri Ann said...

Thanks, Joie! I love to see kids baking! ;-)

Nate @ House of Annie said...

Did you know that Hawaii was once known as the Sandwich Isles? Named after you-know-who.

Thanks for adding us as a friend on Foodbuzz. We welcome you to come visit our site!

Sheri Ann said...

I didn't know that, Nate-n-Annie. Interesting! I lived in Hawaii for six years as a kid. Talk about freckles! HA!

Maggie said...

This looks like a great book! I'm going to add to my list of Children's Books with Food.